Ask an expert

08 Feb 2004

I am a confirmed porhyrite in my fifties. I have recently been having severe pain attacks around my midrif, especially on the sides of my stomach and kidney areas. I have been to several specialists and all tests have come out negative. Is it possible that I could be experiencing porhyria attacks? How does one test for a porhyria attack?
Answer 409 views

01 Jan 0001

Mauser, you can ask your doctor to do blood, stool and urine tests to determine if it is the case. Also think carefully about whether you’re taking any drugs that might bring on porphyria symptoms. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19322 votes