Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
05 Jan 2005
Possible anxiety / panic attacks?
Hi CyberDoc. I have done alot of reading on the internet on panic attacks / anxiety attacks and I cannot really find any information on my specific attack if I can call it that. I would probably relate it to more of a anxiety attack but I'm not too sure as it happens only when I am sitting still either watching tv or at my desk for instance. It's a weird pulling feeling in my stomach (almost connected to the funny feeling I get when pushing hard on my belly button) which leaves me very restless and uncomfortable. For a while smoking helped but I have quit for some time and I am suffering now and I thought I would find out from you before I go to my doctor as it is rather difficult to explain. It's not like I have read on attacks i.e. I'm never short of breath or feeling dizzy at all during these stages, it will sometimes leave me with a hot flush if anything. I'm 30.
Louise, it is difficult to determine the cause without being able to examine you first, but it might be due to something like a hernia or a gallbladder problem. The best would be to see your doctor as he will be able to determine the cause or refer you to someone who can. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Mounting evidence suggests Covid-19 vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work?
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- Long Covid: How rehabilitation programmes may be needed to get patients back on track
- THE ESKOM FILES | WaBenzi and a house on Jamaican Music Street: Eskom exec's charmed life
- Magashule attempt to suspend Ramaphosa: 'People from other countries were calling' - Duarte
- Atul Gupta says Home Affairs records show no legal reasons for passport denial
- Nolwandle Mthombeni | We'd be a lot better off if social issues were as important as profit
- Talks with investors will reduce Rebosis' debt levels significantly - Sisa Ngebulana
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9471 votes
68% - 20281 votes