Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
24 Nov 2005
Possible overactive bladder??
Been having problems with urine frequency for over 6 months now. Went to Gynae (who did vaginal hysterectomy) 2 years ago. Gave me Detrusitol 2mg daily. Been drinking it for more than 2 months now without significant improvement. Although I have no leakage of urine, I find that I have to go very often. It is not the same as with bladder infection where you feel the urge, but nothing really comes out. My bladder is defnitely more or less full. Sometimes at night I have to go every half hour and even after that it still feels as if my bladder isn't empty. Is this overactive bladder or should I see a urologist?
Moedeloos, it might be that your bladder isn’t emptying completely and that this is the cause of your symptoms. The best would be to see an urologist and make sure what the problem is. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- A third of Covid survivors suffer neurological or mental disorders, a new study finds
- Covid variants have changed the game - vaccines won't be enough. We need global ‘maximum suppression’
- Are people who had Covid-19 more likely to develop blood clots? Study finds out
- Pfizer vaccines are coming. Here’s how SA could prepare its cold chain
- New study reveals the science behind why we enjoy music
- Karyn Maughan | Hlophe found guilty of impeachable misconduct, does not guarantee his removal
- Ramaphosa under pressure to account for alleged role in Eskom’s troubles
- Hawks close in on Mahlobo over parallel spy structure
- Alleged irregularities in Unisa’s R3 million accommodation deal probed
- 'Hit list' worries ANC in Eastern Cape
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9423 votes
68% - 19862 votes