Ask an expert

19 Feb 2004

Pre-Teen personal concern
Hi, My son is 11yrs old, when he was about 4yrs old a little boy (Doctors son mind you) kicked him in the genitals very hard. The whole penis and testicles were so badly bruised actually black, we took him to the GP who said it shouldn't at that stage be a cause of concern. But now I am concerned because he penis and testicles almost seem stunted he is very underdeveloped and small down there for a child of his age. Should I take him to see a Urolgist, can it be rectified. I don't want him to grow up with a complex which I think he already has.
Answer 330 views

01 Jan 0001

Worried, the best would be to take him to an urologist ASAP. It might be that the damage to his testicles was so bad that the testis won’t be able to produce enough testosterone to facilitate his normal development through puberty. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19307 votes