Ask an expert

01 Aug 2008

Pressing pain above right breast
I have this pain right above my breast just to the left under my armpit on the right hand side of my body. When I hunch it seems a bit better but if I sit upright the pain increases. I slipped and fell on the tiles in my bathroom and landed on my right side. Did I perhaps damage something?
Thank you in anticipation
Answer 3,345 views

01 Jan 0001


Thank you for visiting

It is possible that you fractured or severely bruised a rib. I therefore, recommend that you have a x-ray of your chest done. In the meantime, you can take Myprodol, six hourly, for a period of 7 days to alleviate the constant pain.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.