Ask an expert

03 Aug 2010

PTA State Health Care
Dear Dr,

Firstly, thank you for answering our questions on this forum - I''m sure many people, like me, are in dire financial situations and the little that we get is the difference that it makes.

I''m sure I need to see a doctor so I won''t bore you with the details, but, I am going to ask where in Pretoria I might find state healthcare? I tried the academic hospital but they don''t take walk-ins.

I literally have to walk everywhere I want to be, so it is just not possible for me to go to somewhere like Kalafong. I''m hoping that there is maybe a clinic that''s a little closer?

Doc, failing all else, I ask only that you point me in the right direction..

Take care

Answer 569 views

01 Jan 0001

Hallo Rob
You can go to the outpatients at Pta District hospital (old HF Verwoerd hospital), Pretoria West hospital outpatients, or any of the municipal clinics (look on the website for one nearest to you)
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.