Ask an expert

06 Dec 2004

Ptosis - operation to correct this
Dear Cyber Doc

Drooping upper eyelids which cover half of the lenses and causes limited eyesight - I believe that this can be corrected by operating on the upperlids. Can you fill me in on how it is done? It is not as easy as cosmetic surgery on eyelids, I think. An opthalmologist has to do it. Is there a possibility that the eyelids may not close properly after the op? What is the prognosis, in other words how dangerous or difficult is such an op? Are the eys covered up and if so how long? I thank you for the information you sent me on lupus. I passed it on to my friend who suffers from this condition.

Thanking you.

Answer 325 views

01 Jan 0001

Pranic, as far as I know it is a fairly simple operation and a plastic surgeon, ophthalmologist or surgeon should be able to do it. I suppose the ophthalmologists do it most often, so the best would be to get their opinion first. Good luck.
PS. The lupus info was my pleasure.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9463 votes
68% - 20185 votes