Ask an expert

23 Jul 2006

Query Vitiligo
My 13year old daughter was diagnosed with Vitiligo after having a biopsy taken from her lower leg. Both her legs are affected. 2 Dermatologists then thoroughly examined her legs together & said they think it is some other skin condition (Guttate something) and 90% vascular - they rubbed the areas with ice packs to see the response. (circulation) Who do I take her to now that would deal with the vascular side of things - it is starting to worry her as the blotches are small but covering the calves - she is extremely active (dances competitively) so it is becoming a problem - Any help would be appreciated. If I need to travel to see someone that is fine - I live in East London.
Many thanks
Answer 378 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear SL
Your dermatologist should be able to refer you to a laser clinic to treat the vascular lesions?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9422 votes
68% - 19857 votes