Ask an expert

01 Dec 2004

R; Thyroid test
I am having a test done to check my thyroid. Since I want this to be as complete as possible, what should I ask to be done?
I got the advice to ask for a 'subclinical exam' and a T3-T4 exam. Do I need to point this out to the examiner in question.?
Thank you.
Answer 364 views

01 Jan 0001

Waterblom, doing an TSH, T4 should be enough, but you can ask for a T3 if you want to be thorough. Depending on what the results are, you can also have thyroid antibodies done. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9438 votes
68% - 20025 votes