Ask an expert

01 Mar 2004

My colleague has a terrible red rash underneath her breasts. She is over 50 and has even bought new bras to alleviate the problem but to know avail. Any ideas as to what can be causing this upset? or should she go and see her GP?
Answer 350 views

01 Jan 0001

Joan, it sounds like it might be due to a superficial fungal infection and it is called tinea cruris. The best would be to get something like Travocort® and apply it twice a day for a week. If it doesn’t clear up (or if it gets worse) the best would be to see your doctor or a dermatologist. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.