Ask an expert

16 Nov 2004

Rash / Hives
I had this happen to me before and was treated with a single injection of cortisone. I apparently had to much of a certain trace element in my blood....I was on several prescribed meds as I just had a big elbow operation. I was then clear for a few years and out of the blue the condition returned??? It starts to feel like a mozzie bite , then swells up and spreads out in a ring like shape. There is no real disscomfort , no flakes, just a lot of heat consentrated in the area. The center of the ring is clear and gets bigger....finally it dissapears. If you can imaging a drop in a pond....the ripple runs out then becomes to weak and the water is flat again....I hope I am making sense? What can the cause of this be? what must I do?
Answer 319 views

01 Jan 0001

Jo, from this side f the screen it sounds like something bit you and that you’re sensitive to it. You can try taking an antihistamine like Phenergan® (available over the counter) and see if it goes away, but otherwise the best would be to see your doctor and have tests done. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.