Ask an expert

03 Apr 2006

RE: Birth Control
Hi Cyber Doc
I will be getting married towards the end of this year and dont knowwhat type of birth control to ask for, or how to ask for that matter.
Answer 376 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Kit
3 months before the marriage you should go to your GP or nearest municipal clinic. They must check your blood pressure and do a general physical examination and put you on a low dose trifasic or bifasic contraceptive pill. They will tell you about all the options. The reason for going early is that you can sort any problems out or have chance to change if the specific method does not work well for you.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.