Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
18 Jul 2005
Re: Posting 19634: Rash on upper thigh
Hi doctor, I read your response to the above posting. I am using Mepyrimal cream. The rash is not itchy at all...I used Veet hair remover last week and now there's a couple of red spots around the rash area. It doesn't seem like it's spreading, but it's there for nearly two months already. Do you think it's something serious? we have a history of eczema in the family. My daughter has it but I never had it. Doesn't eczema itch? The fact that I now have little red pimples there is worrying me...I even tried using tissue oil and lipo cream.
Cat, there is no law that says that eczema has to itch (especially if you use moisturiser). The Veet™ may have irritated the skin and this is why there are a few red spots around the area too. I doubt that you need to worry, but someone will have to take a look at it before a proper diagnosis can be made. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Physical inactivity linked to higher risk of severe Covid-19, hospitalisation and death
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- Experts don't expect J&J vaccine rollout to be paused for long - but suspension the right move
- Have introverts really fared better in lockdown?
- INTERVIEW | I was misunderstood about alcohol bans, says Sue Goldstein amid interview furore
- Jail me, Zuma dares ConCourt as chief justice plays politics in JSC interviews
- ANC dismissed first Gupta allegations because its 'analysis' found newspapers were racist - Mantashe
- Is Judge John Hlophe above the law? Join us at the Editors' Table to discuss his fate
- Not having access to mental health treatment a violation of human rights - expert
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19957 votes