Ask an expert

06 Jan 2005

Re: Varicose Veins
I have some very bad veins on my right calf muscle as well as a bad one behind my right knee. The one behind my knee has become swollen and at times becomes very sore. Please can you suggest how i can have these removed do i have to go through my local gp first or can i go straight to a specialist, can you recommend a good specialist. Thanks
Answer 303 views

01 Jan 0001

Shell, the best would be to see a good surgeon. I don’t know who the surgeons in your area are, so the best would be to ask your GP. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.