Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
25 Nov 2004
Reductil and Weight loss
I'm female, 29 and 43kg overweight (weight 103 kg, height 1.62m). Have high blood pressure, diabetes and now high cholesterol and high tg. The former (bp and dm) for the past 2 years and the latter recently diagnosed. Had a bit of a scare re. heart attack a couple of weeks ago (pain in left arm and chest as well as back). ECG showed a t wave which cardiologist attributed to weight and not heart attack/angina. Recently been put on Reductil.... a week. Still find myself very hungry. I exercise a lot - generally an hour 5-6 times a week - no weight loss coz I overeat. How would you consider treating a person like myself? I'm desperate and really need help!
Amy, you will also need to see a dietician to help work out a proper eating plan. If that doesn’t work, we lock you up on the garage without any food. :-). If nothing else works, you can enquire about surgery but only as a last resort. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- HIV and cervical cancer: Behind SA’s extraordinarily high numbers
- WATCH | Police continue work to piece together Anele Tembe's final moments
- Zuma faces R25m legal bill after SCA blocks State funding his corruption trial costs
- Markus Jooste's son-in-law involved in R35 million suit against historic wine farm
- Judge Davis: Moyane has much to answer about the degradation of SARS
- Going electric? Infrastructure and technology hurdles must be overcome first - Toyota SA boss
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19933 votes