Ask an expert

12 Aug 2011

Reliable Food Allergy Tests
Please advise how I can go about getting a comprehensive Food Allergy test done in Cape Town. And if you have any idea of a rough cost.

I am a highly allergic 30yr old female, and have always suffered from eczema, asthma, sinisitus.

Recently, after eating crayfish &  prawns, my eyes swelled up badly. Now, they seem to just swell up even tho I am avoiding those foods, and i have dark rings under my eyes most of the time.

I also get bad eczema outbreaks, which im sure could be food related.

Hope you can help!

Thank you!
Answer 440 views

01 Jan 0001

You can consult your doctor for an appointment to have these test done at a pathology lab. They will be able to provide you with a quotation, as well as cash payment discounts.


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19432 votes