Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
04 Oct 2009
After a day at the beach yesterday I developed a rash on my chest and back that looked like a rubella rash and not like the pictures i have found of heat or sweat rash. This morning the rash is gone. It did not really itch and I have no other symptoms but I have read that many people who have rubella will not even know that they have it. My primary concern is infecting others should I be tested or take any action? What else could the rash have been?
If you are concerned, I suggest that you should consult your doctor for blood tests. Rubella will cause a rash that will last for at least a week and in the light of this, it is not likely to be rubella but most probably a heat rash.
Dr Anrich Burger
Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- An obsession with ‘likes’ on social media akin to animals seeking food rewards, new study reports
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- What we know about the charges against former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste
- The big picture | ‘The loss of humanity’: South Africa and the Global South’s battle for Covid-19 vaccine justice
- Karyn Maughan | How the WC Judge President has faced 10 major scandals, without any sanction
- 'You can never take a break': Workers speak on SA's grim Covid-19 anniversary
- Mark Gevisser | Covid-19: One year on, and a deepening inequality
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19411 votes