Ask an expert

17 Jul 2008

Serious problem with deep penile pains
I have a very serious problem that has been going on for over 10 years now. The thing is I had unprotected sex in Dec.1997 and coming into 1998 I started developing very deep pain inside my manhood with a very heavy constipation.

The only temporary relieve i got was through a spuit (traditional medication) but 2 weeks later it recurred. I consulted various Urologists here in Gauteng without any help and I underwent various tests like HIV, Cancer, X-rays, cytoscopy over 6 times and all was normal. Only 2 Doctors diagnosed me with prostatitis i.e. the infection of the prostate. But I took antibiotics such Cipro 500, did prostate massage, chinese aqupancture etc but nothing seem to work. I ' m now battling to erect also. Any help or advise because i ' m really desperate.

Yesterday i went to see this herbalist who sell DR Hulda Clark herbal products and he gave me a course that clean liver and colon and he put me on a very strict diet like not taking cofee, sugar in any form, no meali meal, beer (i like my savanna dry), oven warmed meal, no cheese etc for the rest of my life and i wonder if they will ever work.

I saw also on the internet about this products/herbs like Pygeum africanum, Saw palmetto &  they are said to be effective. How true is that? I have been buying and consulting everywhere that my medical aid budget keep exhausted.

I know i might have bored you with such a lenghty story and my apologies for that. But your advice will be highly appreciated.
Answer 382 views

01 Jan 0001


Thank you for visiting

It sounds like you if you are suffering from chronic prostatitis. I recommend that you re-consult a urologist and stay with him, in order for him/her to treat you over a period of time. You might have to take strong antibiotics for at least three weeks.

As far as the herbalist is concerned, you will have to wait and see if you get any positive results.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19955 votes