Ask an expert

21 Jul 2008

Sharp pain in head

My husband is 34 yrs old. He genrally has a short temper and gets upset very quickly.

He has also had a very stressful time these past few years. Anyways, when he shouts when he' s angry or just gets very stressed these days he gets a very sharp pain in his head. Should this be something to worry about?
Answer 349 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear wife_of_h
Any atypical headache that suddenly starts or suddenly gets worse especially if there are other symptoms like muscle weakness, difficulty to talk or concentrate, or a feeling of needles and pins etc, needs to be further investigated by a neurologist and sometimes a MRI scan is needed. In this case I think he needs to see a doctor for a full neurological exam. He may need something to help him relax too, like Aterax or Aropax.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.