Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
15 Jul 2005
Hi Doc - hope you will be able to help. I am 28 years old and during the past 4 months I have noticed things in the distance getting "fuzzy" . I had my eyes tested and was told that i am extremely short sighted. I now have glasses. The optometrist said it is very unusal for someone my age to suddenly become short sighted (should happen before the teens) and especially over such a short period of time. She asked if i was diabetc but i am not - I was tested. Could there be any other reason for this... should I be worried? Thanks!
Debs, I doubt that you need to be worried, but I would see an eye specialist if I were you (just to make sure). Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Mounting evidence suggests Covid-19 vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work?
- Espresso, Americano, or decaf? Desire for a particular coffee driven by genetic code
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- There is no basis 'to ask for a postponement of the elections' - IEC chair
- 20 years later: Pick n Pay’s failed retail pharmacy strategy
- Melanie Verwoerd | Eish! What is Ace up to?
- ANC to play 'leading role' in 60th anniversary of uMkhonto we Sizwe
- Bok midfield fulcrum Lukhanyo Am 'surprised' by some Lions tour squad selections
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20283 votes