Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
16 Jan 2004
Every morning when I wake up my eyes water and my nose runs and I sneeze and sneeze, my nose is also blocked, one side at a time. This goes on for at least 2 hours - sometimes it stops on its own other times I take flu tablets, or sinutab or disprin which may stop the symptoms. Often the symptoms return during the day or again in the evening, sometimes the medication helps and sometimes it makes absolutely no difference what I take - I carry on sneezing, nose runs and this may carry on all day and only stop when I lie down to sleep. It happens at home, at the office and even if I am away on holiday the symptons appear. I have no pains in my sinuses and don't get headaches, but I feel very tired. This has been going on for 2 months continuously. What medication could I take that would put an end to these symptons and stop them reoccuring?
Lane, it sounds like hayfever from this side of the screen. You can try taking Clarinese® every morning for a couple of weeks and see what happens. If it doesn’t clear up, the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Do children and teens need to be vaccinated to get the Covid-19 pandemic under control?
- Scientists find over 100 harmful substances in plastic children’s toys
- Some employees hate team bonding activities, so they should be made entirely voluntary, say researchers
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Prof Shabir Madhi 'mortified' at decision on AstraZeneca vaccine, says it might expire
- Splitting up the pot: Steinhoff offers 5.5% payout to market purchase claimants to settle
- Glencore 'used relationship' with Ramaphosa to 'extort' Eskom, former CEO Brian Molefe claims
- Meet SA's youngest doctor, Thakgalo Thibela, 21
- Karyn Maughan | 'Our hands are tied' - JSC after calls for Hlophe's suspension over Bongo acquittal
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9369 votes
67% - 19367 votes