Ask an expert

07 Apr 2006

Hi there.

About five years ago I started with a weird red spots no my body. The texture of the area is smoother then the rest of my body and has slight flaking. Does anyone know what this is? I tried some called Blue Cap and it work well, but just seemed to jump up somewhere else. My chest and upper arms are the only area affected. What could it be and how can I get rid of it for once and for all?
Answer 333 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Going insane
You could have a hereditary condition called psoriasis - you should let a doctor look at it and make a diagnosis - there is treatment you can take but it is usually longterm.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20217 votes