Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
26 Jul 2005
skin and hair problems
I have a skin problem that has now spread to my back, chest, arms and bum. It is not as severe as acne, but I have millions of tiny pimples all over my face and body, that tend to leave scars all over my body. The most severly scared areas are my face, middle of my back, and bum. My hair has also become very dry and brittle, and has become very thin as it has been falling out constantly for about 2 years now. 4 years ago I my skin problems started and I went to a doctor who prescribed Cyclidox for 4 months, it helped alot and my skin glowed. 3 and a half months ago I went on Cyclidox again, and my problem has become even worse now, my skin has become extremely dry, and the scarring is alot worse. I am 23 years old, a white female. What can I do? I don't think my condition is bad enough to warrant roacutane, but it is quite bad, and it is giving me a complex, because everyone notices it and tries to give me advice, but nothing helps.
Student, it is difficult to say what it is without being able to see it, but the fact that it causes scars makes it serious. The best would be to see a dermatologist and have it sorted out. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- SEE: Woman’s nose collapses due to rare autoimmune disorder
- HIV and cervical cancer: Behind SA’s extraordinarily high numbers
- Striking SAA pilots could have had almost R1bn now if they agreed to settle, leaked doc shows
- Storm in a teacup? Rooibos farmers fear the worst as they await price fate
- ANC deputy chief whip called a “fool” by EFF MPL
- There’s 'nothing special' about it: JSC feels 'no pressure' to finalise John Hlophe matter
- Will the ANCYL's new task team be able to fix the youth wing?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9428 votes
68% - 19907 votes