Ask an expert

20 Dec 2004

Skin Cancer
I am 40 years old, always been an "outdoor junky", i.e. working in the garden, swimming, cycling, hiking etc., tried taking care of my skin, but lately I discovered some redish small things on my skin, specially on my stomach and arms (the odd one). How are tests done to establish whether it might be skin cancer?
Answer 271 views

01 Jan 0001

Maggs, the only way to make 100% sure is to cut every single one out and look at it under a microscope. This is of course not practical and the next best thing is to let your doctor have a look. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9465 votes
68% - 20202 votes