Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
22 Nov 2005
Hi Doc, not sure if you can help with this. I a 22 year old male. I dont spend much time in the sun. My back and upper arms are filled with what look like small little pimples, but they are not. Would going out in the sun more help that? Is there a natural way of getting rid of it? My new job demands I spend a lot of time in the sun, and I am going to gym to shape up, but I would really like to get rid of the spots, and try keep a smooth complection. Would diet paly a big part in this at all? I would appreciate any help you could give me! Many thanks! Marc.
Marc, sun exposure might improve the condition, but there is a possibility that it may worsen and even cause scars. The safest would be to have a dermatologist take a look because making a dermatological diagnosis without being able to see the problem is very difficult. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- OPINION | Change your diet to change your cancer risk
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Physical inactivity linked to higher risk of severe Covid-19, hospitalisation and death
- OPINION | Blood clot risks: comparing the AstraZeneca vaccine and the contraceptive pill
- Killing Kinnear: Secret report reveals infighting contributed to cop's death
- Karyn Maughan | Mogoeng, Malema and the judges: Inside the JSC hearings that shook the judiciary
- 'Julius Malema should be removed from JSC': 6 questions with Casac's Lawson Naidoo
- Ramaphosa on Mantashe cadre deployment comments: 'I will answer at the Zondo Commission'
- What have rooibos farmers done wrong to still have no control over prices? - Former council chair
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19965 votes