Ask an expert

12 Jul 2008

skinl laser treatment
plz advise # i have a scar on my face due to a spider bite. Which option would be best between laser treatment and plastic surgery? The scar is abt 5mm long and 2mm deep. If possible, could u also recommend a dr or hospital in johannesburg where i can go 4 treatment 2 remove the scar. Thanx in advance.
Answer 392 views

01 Jan 0001


Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you make an appointment with a dermatologist, in order to have the area examined. He/she will be able to advise what the best option will be. If laser treatment will be effective, the dermatologist will be able to give this treatment to you. Otherwise, he/she will be able to refer you to a good plastic surgeon.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.