Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
03 Jul 2005
Smelly Belly Button
Ok, this may sound disgusting. At least I think it is. I am a very hygienic person, neat on myself, and very clean. I have a problem with a smelly belly button. I clean it with soap and rinse it with clean water, but the problem persists. This has been going on for some time now. I had my hub take a look to see if there was redness, or something else inside, but he could see nothing. It is not painful either. This is becoming very distressing to me, as I can sometimes smell it. I have looked in my medical book, but could find nothing. Please advise me as to what could cause this smell.
Angel, before we go any further, does your husband smell it too or is it just you? Let me know as a new question and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Scientists find over 100 harmful substances in plastic children’s toys
- Some employees hate team bonding activities, so they should be made entirely voluntary, say researchers
- Do children and teens need to be vaccinated to get the Covid-19 pandemic under control?
- Having trouble sleeping? Here’s the science on 3 traditional bedtime remedies
- Covid-19: Why Solidarity's vaccine procurement plan may not be feasible
- Brian Molefe adamant that Ramaphosa's 'influence' was used to seal dodgy coal deal
- Electoral Bill seeks to protect voters' personal info 'from unreasonable disclosures'
- 'If I get time, I will': Zandile Gumede open to visiting Zuma
- 'Mama, I'm going to play' - final words young boy spoke to his mom before drowning
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9370 votes
67% - 19371 votes