Ask an expert

10 Jul 2008

Son may need a cat scan,where do i go
My son is 6yrs old and 58kgs.I would like to take him for a CAT scan to rule out any medical reasons for his huge appetite and slow learning problems at school. How do I go about organising one,what kind of dr does this,how much does it cost? we have done the routine thyroid and blood tests-all clear.
Answer 369 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Clueless
Please ask your GP to refer him to a pediatrician, they will then organize all the necessary tests for you.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.