Ask an expert

23 Dec 2004

dear doc

whenever my husband and i have intercourse, it is extremely painful for me and i bleed. we have tried using lubrication, but it is still painful for me and i bleed.

what do you suggest i do.
Answer 324 views

01 Jan 0001

111, the pain is one thing, but if you bleed after intercourse you will have to see your doctor. It might just be a sign of an infection, but unfortunately it might also be due to something more serious. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9438 votes
68% - 20022 votes