Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
01 Mar 2004
Spazm in calve - Artery
I had a spazm in my left leg calve 3 days ago, the following day i could hardly walk so went to the doctor, he said that my artery is inflammed and should be better in a week, i am 24 yrs old, is this serious as it feels like i have a tennis ball under my skin, my mom passed from pulmonary embolism at 48 and my dad has circulation probs in his legs and says i could be following in my dad foot steps... should i be worried or will this pain go away eventually.
Helen, if it really is an inflamed artery, it is a serious problem. It sounds like it might also just be inflamed muscle tissue, but I can’t say for sure without examining you first. The problem is that there is a small chance that it might be due to a blood clot (like you suspect it might be) and that it why I think that the best would be to have Doppler flow studies done to make sure. You can have it done at the x-ray department of any of the big hospitals. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Physical inactivity linked to higher risk of severe Covid-19, hospitalisation and death
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- Experts don't expect J&J vaccine rollout to be paused for long - but suspension the right move
- OPINION | Blood clot risks: comparing the AstraZeneca vaccine and the contraceptive pill
- INTERVIEW | I was misunderstood about alcohol bans, says Sue Goldstein amid interview furore
- Jail me, Zuma dares ConCourt as chief justice plays politics in JSC interviews
- ANC dismissed first Gupta allegations because its 'analysis' found newspapers were racist - Mantashe
- Is Judge John Hlophe above the law? Join us at the Editors' Table to discuss his fate
- Not having access to mental health treatment a violation of human rights - expert
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19957 votes