Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
28 Nov 2005
Stage 2 TCC of renal pelvis
In June last year I was diagnosed with Transitional Cell Carcinoma of the Renal Pelvis stage 2. I had a radical nephrectomy in July. Since then I have been regularly been followed up every three months. I still have blood in my urine and my urea & creatinine are up, my ankles are swollen and I am very worried that it has spread. I can't understand why I still have blood in my urine so long after my op, surely this should have cleared after the operation or at least a month or two later. I have not had any chemotherapy or even been referred to an oncologist and can't understand why. I saw my Dr on Thursday and now have to go for a bladder biopsy. What are the chances of it having spread to my bladder?
Tuppy, I can’t answer your questions because I don’t have all the information at hand. The bleeding might be due to the surgical wound not healing properly, infection or something more sinister. I suppose the chance of it having spread to the bladder is small, but it is possible. The best would be to wait for Thursday and if you don’t trust your specialist, to see a different urologist. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Energy drink habit puts man in hospital with heart failure
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- Scientists warn against videos alleged to be showing adverse Covid-19 vaccine side effects
- Frequently interrupted sleep increases the risk of death, especially in women
- OPINION | Ivermectin: Why a potential Covid-19 treatment isn’t recommended for use
- Khaya Sithole | Can SA run a vaccine claims fund when the RAF is in such a mess?
- ANALYSIS | The ANC's tactics to control Parliament laid bare at Zondo commission
- What were the trends in Wednesday's by-elections? We ask 3 analysts
- Carbon emissions to surge to second-largest increase in history as economies ramp up
- Zondo commission: Zuma relied on alleged lack of security clearance to institute inquiry against Nxasana
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9439 votes
68% - 20040 votes