Ask an expert

05 Jul 2005

Stomach Ulcers
My doctor believes I have stomach ulcers and wants me to swallow a camera. What does swallowing the camera entail? i.e. could it be done in the consulting rooms, or do you need to go to theatre?
Answer 337 views

01 Jan 0001

Grant, it can de done at the doctor’s rooms under mild sedation. The camera is about as thick as your pinkie and is pushed down your oesophagus into the stomach – a mildly uncomfortable procedure. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20323 votes