Ask an expert

11 Jul 2005

Stomach/Chest Pains

I am currenty experiencing some serious pains internally especially when eating or drinking. Even a cold glass of water at times can seriously cause this pain. What must also be noted is that when I drink or eat directly afterwards I start to "burb" and this brings some relief.

I have suffered from ulcers and very bad acid/heart burns from a broken/snapped valve of some sort but this is something that I have never felt before.

I have also recently seperated from my wife of 11 years so this could be as a result of this, but what concerns me is that if I continue to experience this pain that something is going to go horribly worng.

Can you provide some assistance here please.
Answer 331 views

01 Jan 0001

Edward, the first thing that comes to mind is gastro-oesophageal reflux – probably due to a hiatus hernia. It might also be due to an ulcer or even a gallbladder problem. The best would be to see your doctor and to have a proper diagnosis made. In the meantime you can try something like Zantac® effervescent tablets. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9360 votes
67% - 19292 votes