Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
22 Nov 2004
Hi there, I've had this strange breakout, almost like a rash on the whole of my back, but worst on my upper back and shoulders, it looks like exema, but i don't get exema and it doesn't itch at all! I have no idea what the cause can be, cause i haven't even eaten anything out of the ordenary i don't normally eat! Could it be an allergic reaction to something, how can I make it go away?
Worried, I can’t really say what it is from this side of the screen, the easiest would be to take an antihistamine like Phenergan® and see what happens. If it goes away, it’s due to an allergic reaction and if it doesn’t go away you will have to see your doctor. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Phone call anxiety: Why so many of us have it, and how to get over it
- Do children and teens need to be vaccinated to get the Covid-19 pandemic under control?
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Multiple studies find unique risks of heart disease and stroke for women
- Prof Shabir Madhi 'mortified' at decision on AstraZeneca vaccine, says it might expire
- Splitting up the pot: Steinhoff offers 5.5% payout to market purchase claimants to settle
- Glencore 'used relationship' with Ramaphosa to 'extort' Eskom, former CEO Brian Molefe claims
- Meet SA's youngest doctor, Thakgalo Thibela, 21
- Karyn Maughan | 'Our hands are tied' - JSC after calls for Hlophe's suspension over Bongo acquittal
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9369 votes
67% - 19367 votes