Ask an expert

13 Apr 2006

Strange moving lump

Since I can remember Ive had this strange moving lump in my right rib cage. It causes discomfort when I sit up straight or try do stomach exercises.

I first noticed it about 12 years ago and the doctor told me it was just loose cartilage. Some how it seems to have grown. When you press against it you can move it.

No doctor so far that I have actually seen has been of any help. They just keep saying it shouldnt be anything to worry about ?
Answer 405 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Bee bee
It could be a harmless growth - ask your doctor to refer you to a surgeon and ask him if it is possible to remove it?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19974 votes