Ask an expert

02 Feb 2009

Strange red rash on penis head
I' m doing this query on behalf of my husband. For the last year or two, he gets a funny rash on the head of his penis, usually a day after intercourse. It doesn' t itch and the rash doesn' t " stand-out"  above the skin. It looks like little red dots. He has a cream that he uses when I get thrush on the odd ocassion and it perhaps affected him, but when he gets a rash from whatever it is, it doesn' t affect me at all.

It doesn' t really bother him and he is way to shy to ask a doctor, but we just find it very strange.

Please advise.
Answer 458 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Foxy
It could be thrush - you may have a low grade asymptomatic thrush overgrowth in the vagina ( the presence of some candida yeast is "normal" in the vagina - it just takes over sometimes!). Next time he gets this, both of you should use the cream (Canesten or whatever you choose to use)
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9464 votes
68% - 20197 votes