Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
29 Nov 2004
Strong smell from semen
Whenever my man and I make love, I notice a very strong smell and a little bloody discharge in the semen afterwards. I think it is something from his side, but being a man....you know. .... they don't "do" doctors. We only see each other about once every two weeks or less, as we live in different towns, and when I'm on my own, I have no smell, nor discharge. How do I convince him to see a doctor to have himself checked out? He is 48. Can I pick up anything from him if he has these bloody traces in his semen?
Worried, you can tell him that it might be due to an infection of the prostate and something even more serious. The best would be to see an urologist and have it sorted out. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Five a day: Two fruits and three vegetables daily linked to greater life expectancy
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- Immune response in some Covid-19 patients different to those in other respiratory viruses - study
- Napping in the afternoon can improve memory and alertness – here’s why
- Electoral Bill seeks to protect voters' personal info 'from unreasonable disclosures'
- 'Mama, I'm going to play' - final words young boy spoke to his mom before drowning
- Move to Level 1 won't move the dial on growth outlook – economists
- Covid-19: Why Solidarity's vaccine procurement plan may not be feasible
- Brian Molefe adamant that Ramaphosa's 'influence' was used to seal dodgy coal deal
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9371 votes
67% - 19387 votes