Ask an expert

04 Feb 2008

Sunburn blisters
My husband burned blisters on his back while at the coast last week. the doctor gave us all the medicine, but my question is wheter I must keep the blisters closed or open them up and drain it? Please advise. thank you
Answer 413 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Marelise
Don’t open any that did not burst by itself as open blisters just open the skin to infection. Treat the blisters with Bactroban ointment and put Voltaren gel on the red but not broken skin.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19881 votes