Ask an expert

05 Oct 2009

Hi Doc
I' m a 27 year old woman. I have " over-active"  sweat glands - my underarms produce too much sweat. I' ve tried various anti-perspirants, but within about 3 hours, my underarms will be dripping with sweat.
Is there anything youcan recommend?
Answer 338 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Me
Try Perspirex/Driclor. Also read up on "hyperhydrosis" - there are medications you can try if the local treatments do not help, alternatively one can try Botox or sympatectomy operation.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.