Ask an expert

23 Aug 2007

sweaty arm pits-please help!
HI Ilse

I have had a bit of a sweating problem for the past year or so. Not sure if you are the person to talk to but i am rather desperate about this embarrasing problem i am having.

Wether its cold or hot outside i seem to sweat only under my arms so i end up with these patches under there. I am currently using speed stick. Should i simply change to another brand and if so which one is an excellent anti perspirant?

If you are not the right person to speak to please let me know who i an contact as i am rather desperate at this stage.

Answer 358 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Elize
Try Driclor or Perspirex ( get at pharmacies). You could also try Probanthine tablets. Last option is an operation called sympatectomy.
see also
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.