Ask an expert

18 Apr 2006

swollen ankle
I have had an ankle problem for over a year now - it is swollen/puffy most of the time and gets very sore when standing for long etc.
I had xrays at the time which showed nothing and the doc said I could have sprained it but i still have the problem a year later - any suggestions??
Answer 322 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Lilian
You may need to see an orthopod - some injuries are not evident on x/rays and you may need a MR scan to identify torn ligaments.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19432 votes