Ask an expert

12 Jul 2011

I donated blood and just received a letter stating that they found traces of treponema pallidum antibodies (syphilis) in my blood... how serious is this. Could I have contracted this through oral sex? Where to from here!!
Answer 385 views

01 Jan 0001


I think that you should consult your doctor for treatment of syphilis. This is a very nasty disease. Refer to the following link for detailed information about syphilis and the treatment thereof:


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.