Ask an expert

13 Jul 2006

Teen kids
Hi their just a some back ground of my family. I was a divorce lady for 6 years then I met a nice man who i madly fell in love with.
The kids absolutely adore him and still do.He does everything for them like take them where they want to be and fetch them or what ever they need he is their. Their own father does not know how to have a relationship with his kids he never had and I don't think ever will have a relationship with his kids, He just drops their money the end of month end of story. In our house the only thing that is wrong is the teen kids does not know how to talk to us and that freeks my husband out.That is the only arguments we have but they will never say that his not their father or swear at us or even in the house. They just don't know how to speak to us as being the adults in the house. If he say something to the boy then he will ask hubby why you shouting a me...and if he remarks to what I say to the girl then she will say "why is he also saying something mommy is already saying something..THEY are kids that you have to say 5 times to do something but that I think is normal what worries me is that they way they always stand up to us saying why u shouting why u saying this and that????I know they love each other,,,when she speaks about my hubby the she wil always say my Daddy this and that and the son as well so what is their problem???? I always tell him if he wants to leave then I won't stand in his way because they are not his responsibilty but mine. I don't feel that he needs this in his life seeing that he does not have kids of his own...I love him that much to let go...What am I to do always in the middle of things...

Answer 298 views

01 Jan 0001

Hallo Nicky
This is something you will be able to fix with therapy - you and your husband can see a child psychologist to teach you ways of managing the kids or you can call FAMSA see
They have to be trained to have respect for your both and must accept your authority.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.