Ask an expert

28 Jul 2006

hi there doc. i posted a few months ago about a bit of pain in my left testicle. went to doctor, and said its nothing, just some inflamation and gave me some neurofen tablets. after about a week it went away.

but after a while (bout) month it came back. went to other doctor and examined and some fog or something in tube and gave me something. it went away after while, but throughout, in a far distance, there was always, something there, now i feel it is back again, although not sore or anything, its just that sensation/pain/feeling/pounding there, and it gets a bit worse when i masturbate/ejaculate.

what is this? is it serious? how do i get rid of it permanently? during this holiday my mom and something/feeling in her breast and went to doctor, he told her its fog or something, nothing serious and took it out with needle and said it might reoccur. could i have the same thing in my testicle? could this be some symptom of a serious underlying thing? please doc, help me.

thank you
Answer 329 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Deon
Please read this article:
See the paragraph under infection
If you look at the picture you will see that the tube folds back on itself on the testes - that part is called the epidydimus and can easily get infection via the urinary tube. Has any of the doctors tested your urine for infection or for STD's? You may need a course of antibiotic. If it persists I would suggest you see an urologist.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19432 votes