Ask an expert

03 Apr 2006

My husbands' family has a history of heart attacks. I would like to have some test done to see if he is prone to heart disease. Which test should be performed? Can our GP do this or should we see a specialist. Thank you.
Answer 295 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Yolanda
Your GP can do this
Bloods: Cholesterol, uric acid and blood sugar minimum
ECG ( exercise ECG if possible)
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.