Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
13 Dec 2004
Thrush again and again
For the past three months I've been suffering from thrush. I've been using the creams but nothing seems to help. I went to a new doctor on Friday and she gave me Doxycycline and flagyll tablets but not the cream. Can you please tell me what these tablets are supposed to do because nothing has changed yet? I'm trully depressed. I don't have a partner and my blood levels are fine.
Thandi, if you really have thrush the antibiotics are not going to work. You will need to take an antifungal tablet/capsule like Diflucan® or Sporanox®. My advice would be to see a gynaecologist and have it sorted out once and for all. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Covid-19 virus a triple threat: Study exposes how it outsmarts the immune system
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Questions about stability of Covid-19 platform on Day 1 of second phase vaccinations
- THE ESKOM FILES | Coming home to roost: How big business helped fund Eskom exec’s chicken farm
- Karyn Maughan | After demanding his trial start, will Zuma finally plead to the case against him?
- 'Illegitimate' royal council plans to loot Balobedu funds, ANC MP Mathole Motshekga claims
- Adriaan Basson | Tata ma chance, tata ma Covid-19 vaccines
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20312 votes