Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
11 Jul 2005
thrush infection? or what could it be?
First of all, I am in a monogamous relationship, married ,well I know that I don't sleep around. Problem is this, twice now my wife has complained within 24 hrs of me performing oral sex on her of vaginal itching. Doctor prescribed dactacort I believe as I can't ask my wife as she seems to want to keep the info to herself. I don't know what to do, is it possible that it is just a thrush infection as I have a dry shin patch on the side of my mouth and also at times red blotches appear and disappear quite quickly after a shower or if it is hot. My wife seems to blame me for the infection as she says it happens each time after we have done what I described. Is it possible for thrush or other infections to present so quickly after exposure to it. Or is it something else? I dont have any itching myself on my penis or anywhere else.
Phillip, I doubt that you’re to blame – it definitely doesn’t sound like an STD as I know of no STD that Dactacort® will work for. During cunnilingus your beard might irritated her skin and this may cause a bit of discomfort the next day or so (yes, Dactacort® will work for this). Next time try shaving just before you’re intimate and see what happens. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Mounting evidence suggests Covid-19 vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work?
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- Long Covid: How rehabilitation programmes may be needed to get patients back on track
- THE ESKOM FILES | WaBenzi and a house on Jamaican Music Street: Eskom exec's charmed life
- Magashule attempt to suspend Ramaphosa: 'People from other countries were calling' - Duarte
- Atul Gupta says Home Affairs records show no legal reasons for passport denial
- Nolwandle Mthombeni | We'd be a lot better off if social issues were as important as profit
- Talks with investors will reduce Rebosis' debt levels significantly - Sisa Ngebulana
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9471 votes
68% - 20281 votes