Ask an expert

10 Jul 2008

Tired and embarresed
How can one stop snoring? It is embarresing and angers my partner so badly than he punches me in the middle of the night, now I am so self concious than I would rather sit up the whole night and I am to afraid to go to sleep, I am so tired at work and I can not concentrate. Please help me. I do suffer from a post nasal drip and sinus very badly but I use nasal spray before I go to bed and make sure that I don't lie on my back but it doesn't help.
Answer 219 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear SB
Most over the counter medications and wonder cures do not help - you need to see an ENT specialist as the post nasal drip/sinus infection needs to be treated. You may also need laser treatment of the soft palate as it is usually due to a lax soft palate that one snores at night.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20298 votes