Ask an expert

11 Apr 2006

Tired of being tired
I'm 61and retired 3 years, weak, easily exhausted, have stiff muscles, suffer from indigestion, often anxious and depressed, anti-social, frequent herpes breakouts,suffer from insomnia, can't handle stress. In a recent stressful situation I seemed to have a surreal experience.
I've always been easily tired, shy, unmotivated. Every time I've been to a GP about tiredness, I've had blood tests for thyroid function which has come up normal. When I mentioned indigestion my GP put me on a dispepsia trial. When I mentioned I was depressed he put me on antidepressants. I've had stress and heartache over the years. I want a proper diagnosis. Can an endocrinologist help?
Answer 3,323 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Barbara Anne
I think you should rather see a Family physician or a general physician first - some things need to be excluded before you see a endocrinologist. Personally I think a Family physician will be more sympathetic and spend more time listening to your emotional problems too as the specialists are so busy and hurried.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19458 votes