Ask an expert

22 Aug 2007

hi i have tonsilitis, pls tell me wat to buy to make the sores and the pain go away bcos i cant afford a doc right now.
Answer 616 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Perm
You can try tonsolyte or tonsilla tablets that you can buy over the counter at the pharmacy, use a good antiseptic mouthwash to gargle with, use Disprin or Panado for the pain. If you can't talk properly and have high fever, rather see a doctor as this can cause tonsillar abcesses which needs to be drained surgically.

Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.